I would like to react briefly to Lahay Hussein’s talk as well as to the concerns expressed in her earlier post. These concerns are primarily about (re)building a healthy and democratic political and social order, and within it a healthy academic discipline and educational system, from a condition in which academic qualifications and infrastructure are sorely inadequate. She expects this process to be inspired and aided by colleagues and institutions in the West.
- Van wie is Nederland?
- Bruggen slaan tussen statushouders en woningcorporatie Rochdale
- “I belong in Africa”: African-Americans going ‘home’
- Verlaten kerkhoven: over leven en dood
- Stable Instability: renewed turmoil in Ethiopia (part 2)
- Colombia between hope and fear
- Stable instability: renewed turmoil in Ethiopia (part 1)
- Follow Standplaats Wereld on WordPress.com