By Marina de Regt “Aunt, if you know any way to migrate to Europe plz just tell me, I wanna run away from this world”. Said, the son of one of my Yemeni friends, sent me this Facebook message some time ago. I was shocked and first did not know what to answer him. While I got used to phonecalls from my friend Noura, who I support financially (see blog), the desperate situation in Yemen had never reached me through chat messages on Facebook.
- Keti Koti: een festival om niet te vergeten
- De dag van Brexit: Stof dat opwaait, stof dat neerdwarrelt en stof tot denken
- How to keep in touch with anthropology
- Should we all radicalize? Anthropology in times of capitalist crises
- African-Americans returning to Ghana: A photo blog
- The Political Agency of Refugees
- Follow Standplaats Wereld on WordPress.com